So, next weekend Toast, Fridge, Chemist and I are going to one of the last games at Yankee Stadium. We had originally tried to gets tickets to an Angels game at said venue as one of these things is not like the others (DC is an Angels fan), but we waited too long and the tickets were prohibitively expensive. So we're going next Sunday to see the Bronx Bombers play the fucking Devil Rays.
But first the Chemist will be visiting the Shire for a slumber party. To commemorate the event, I'm going to make my monthly Bon Appétit meal the night that he's here. I usually give Toast the honors, but tonight, my dear husband's readers, I'm letting you pick the Bon Appétit meal that I make for our guest(s). Here are the options...
1. Bigoli with Onion-Anchovy Sauce
2. Green Lentil Salad with Bacon and Ham
3. Baked Fish with Thai Lemon-Mint Sauce
4. Semolina Gnocchi with Oxtail Ragu
5. Mac and Cheese with Pancetta
6. Angus Meatloaf with Crushed Yukon Gold Potatoes and Bibb Salad
7. Pork Char Siu with Steamed Chinese Buns
8. Slow-Cooked Brisket Sandwiches with Blue (sic) Cheese Coleslaw
There are only two recipes that I was able to link from epicurious.com, but the others are relatively straight-forward.
Fridge, you're welcome to come up, too. Whether or not you spend the night is your choice. We've got an inflatable mattress if you want to crash.
Everybody gets one vote, except for Tart, who gets two because she knows the subject matter so well.