I've been tagged by konagod for a meme! Cool! And flattering.
Apparently this is 5 things people may find interesting about me. Okay.
1. I have tried out for Jeopardy, Who Wants To Be a Millionaire and The Price Is Right (where you actually just go there, you don't audition or anything). I'd love to be on a game show and win money just for knowing things. But apparently, I didn't know enough. ;-)
2. In high school, a friend became hysterically pregnant with my baby. Yeah, I got a girl pregnant. Pretty freaky. She was a good friend who had had a fucked up childhood and wasn't very emotionally healthy. Anyhoo, she went to a few doctors with symptoms of pregnancy. The third finally sent her to a shrink, who figured out her issue. Chicks have always kinda dug me.
3. When I was 18, I registered to vote at school. As a Republican. It's what Ayn would've wanted. A little later in life, I changed to a Libertarian as I thought government should get out of peoples' personal lives. I didn't really understand Libertarianism very well. Now I'm home - a registered Democrat. We can't just let the poor in this country die because they don't have health care or food or heat. And who is supposed to take care of them? All of us. Society. E pluribus unum. Much different answer from when I was 18.
4. When I was a gangly, awkward teenager entering puberty (I was a bit of a late bloomer) who thought that dressing up meant wearing a sweater with your jeans instead of a T-shirt, my parents sent me to the Barbizon School of Modeling hoping it would up my girl skillz. I learned how to put on makeup and how to take off my jacket gracefully while walking down a runway, but this stuff didn't translate into real life like the rents and I had hoped (although girlfriend can sashay in some heels). I was still gawky and socially clueless. But I was a happy girl, so who cares?
5. I've probably had more than 50 jobs. When I was younger, if I didn't like a job or a boss, I left. I was never disrespectful - I always gave a two-week notice and fulfilled it to the best of my ability, but I couldn't understand staying where I wasn't happy. Now I've got a job that I like about 50% of the time. But, hey, I've got a husband and a house and a mortgage and health insurance. Life gets so complicated when you get older. :)
I think those things are relatively interesting. I hope I haven't let kona down. And now I tag Toast, Chemist, maurinsky, nightshift and all the Howards.