Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Substance

Toast told me that if I want people to read my blog, I've got to comment on stuff and not just regurgitate (that's my word - he wasn't that harsh) magazine entries and jokes from Comedy Central. So here are some thoughts...

- Woohoo! Thunderstorm!

- I paid $125 for a jar of Creme de la Mer. It does make my skin soft and dewy, but I'm sure a much less expensive moisturizer will do at least close to the same thing.

- HRC is an insincere thing. Do people really want that kind of person for POTUS just because she's a woman? That's some messed up shit.

- On the flip side, I love how Obama calls people on their shit! So many Democrats lay down like so many Democrats before them. This man will get those shoe marks off of our collective progressive backs.

- A woman who I work with died. She was out for a long time because she had a recurrence of her cancer, the one that took both of her breasts four years ago. She came in a week and a half ago to tell the manager that she wouldn't be back. She was a private person and didn't say much else. We really didn't know the extent of it. Very sad. (On the very same day, a mouse died in my office. I thought I may have stepped on it because he was flipping all over the place and I thought maybe one of his little tiny mouse legs was crushed under my behemoth weight and he couldn't get his bearings quickly enough to escape danger. It was in fact the mouse trap's poison taking his itty bitty life right there in front of me. Also sad.)

- Wednesday is pasta night. We drink way too much red wine and eat pasta. Toast has his with red sauce and I have mine with butter and olives and cheese. Speaking of which, I will now go make dinner. Don't want to eat too late and be fat tomorrow! (We find that when we eat earlier in the evening, we weigh less in the morning. This is, I am sure, not truly reflective of any weight loss, but it makes us happy!)

2 comments:

robsalk said...

re: HRC - I just had a fairly painful conversation with my mom about this. She launched her professional career in the early 1960s and fought hard to be taken seriously. She wanted more than anything to be able to cast a vote for a woman president in her lifetime, and felt that Obama "jumped the line" to push Hillary aside. On reflection, I think my mom raised me well enough to believe that it would be disrespectful to vote for Hillary simply because of her gender if I happened to disagree with her on more substantive grounds. I feel bad for my mom but really wish the first serious female candidate was someone I could feel good about supporting purely on the merits.

Toast said...

I feel bad for my mom but really wish the first serious female candidate was someone I could feel good about supporting purely on the merits.

Yup. It's a distinction I feel is completely lost on her more rabid supporters, sadly.